Macworld opened today and to much adoration and fanfare, the newly coveted MacBook Air has been released. The slim new laptop, said to be able to fit into an interoffice mailing envelope, sports the following features:
- 13.3-inch LED-backlit widescreen display that has a 1280 x 800 pixel resolution.
- Backlighting which saves power
- “Instant on” response from the moment you turn it on
- It is slightly wedge-shaped profile
- Weighs about 3 pounds
- Sports a thickness of 0.16-0.76 inches
- It’s 12.8 inches wide and 8.95 inches deep
- Has a built-in iSight webcam
- It has a 1.8-inch hard disk drive with 80GB of storage capacity standard
- A 64GB solid-state disk (SSD) drive is an option.
- Parallel ATA (PATA) Hard drive model that operates at 4200 RPM
- An Intel Core 2 Duo chip running at 1.6GHz, with 1.8GHz available as an option. The chip operates with 4MB of on-chip shared L2 cache running at full processor speed, and uses an 800MHz frontside bus. 2GB of 667MH DDR2 SDRAM is also included.
The price is only about $1,800. It looks hot and I want one for my birthday in June!