“I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” -Steve Jobs
Small business is the engine of this country, but government seems to only be concerned with supporting large corporations. All the while, taxation policies and regulations are putting small businesses out of business.
As an advocate for small business and a small business owner myself, I will fully support small businesses anyway that I can. I oppose ALL corporate welfare, and will work towards removing government hurdles that strangle small business.
- I will work towards changing the Federal government’s focus from large corporations to small business. With more than 85% of the country employed by small business, it seems bizarre that this is not already the case.
- I will work to reduce regulations that give large corporations competitive advantage that small businesses do not have.
- I oppose Cap/Trade because it will devastate small businesses and struggling families alike.
- I support making health care more affordable for small businesses by allowing small businesses to be able to buy insurance policies across state lines.
- I will work to make many types of preventive medicine and wellness 100% tax deductible. This will help people be more healthy, while also giving a shot in the arm to many small businesses.
- I oppose subsidies for companies. This will help level the playing field for small businesses.